How do you keep QuickBooks defaulted to multi-user mode?
Need to keep your QuickBooks file in multi-user mode after exiting?
Unless specified, QuickBooks will open a data file in single-user mode. You must configure QuickBooks so the company file opens in multi-user mode each time.
- Open your QuickBooks version from your remote server desktop
- From the No Company Open box, select Open or restore an existing company.
- Select Open a company file and click Next
- Locate your QuickBooks file in your company directory and highlight the file (single click).
- At the bottom of this window, put a check mark in the box Open in Multi-User Mode.
- Checkmark Open file in multi-user mode.
Now each time you open this Company File from this computer, it will be in Multi-User Mode.