WebDAV Direct Download utility is provided to download data of a user on legal hold. Because of default values for WebDAV in Windows 7 and later, you may face issues during downloading through WebDAV.
The WebClient registry value FileSizeLimitInBytes decides the maximum size of the file which can be downloaded through WebDAV.
Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.
Customize the following registry entry to resolve this issue:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Open the registry editor (using regedit on the Windows Start menu)
- Locate and click the following registry subkey:
- Select DWORD FileSizeLimitInBytes.
- Go to Edit > Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter 4294967295 and then click OK.
This sets the maximum you can download from the WebDAV to 4 GB at one time, where 4 GB is the maximum value supported by Windows OS.
- Exit Registry Editor and restart the Web Client Service.
4440 Lake Forest Dr., Suite 102B, Cincinnati, OH 45242