Remove Active Directory Domain Controller 2008
- Open command prompt Type dcpromo and then hit Enter.
- Click Next
- The Active Directory domain controller has the global catalog service, make sure your primary DC also has the service enabled and click on ok.
- Confirmed that the delete this domain, because this server is the last domain controller in the domain, is UNCHECKED and then click next.
- Type a password for the new Administrator account on this server and click next.
- Review the remove active directory domain services Summary and click Next.
- Check the Reboot on completion box to restart the server after the service has been removed
- After rebooting server2008 DC. Now log in with the local administrator account and then open Server Manager.
- In Server Manager click Roles under Roles Summary and click Remove Roles.
- Remove active directory domain controller 2008 Roles wizard, click next.
- Uncheck Active Directory Domain Services and DNS Server box and click next.
- Click Remove.
- Now click Close.
- Do you want to restart now so click on Yes.
- After rebooting server Log back to server2008, active directory domain services removal succeeded and click Close.
- Disjoin the machine from the domain
Join to Workgroup
- In the Server Manager, under Server Summary and click Change System Properties.
- On the System Properties and click the change button.
- Select Workgroup type in a workgroup name and then click on ok.
- After leaving the domain Warning message so click ok.
- Welcome to the workgroup and click on ok.
- Click OK to restart the server.
- System Properties, click Close.
- Click Restart Now or Restart Later and shut down this server.